Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Creative Box

     The last few months have been very difficult for me when trying to come up with new photo ideas. I felt like my brain was stuck in this box of generic ideas. I never felt like any of my ideas were creative or of any significance. In order to overcome it, I had to keep creating. I couldn't let my insecurities stop me. I think this photo is one of my favorites because it was a great way to conquer my creative block.
     Much thanks goes to Morgan for this photo! We went to an abandoned school for a field trip and we stayed extra long because it was just so awesome! All photos in this composite came from that abandoned school. 
I used these textures:


And this as a base image:

All were needed to create THIS!

I created a speed edit video for the entire process. It was a little hard for me to do because I typically don't like people watching me while I edit. I don't want them to see all of the mistakes I made to get to the finished product. My other speed edit videos were pretty simple so I didn't mind showing the videos. On a complex composition like this, I made many mistakes and had to do a lot to get it how I liked. So here it is, all of the mess-ups. This is the ENTIRE process for all to see. 


No comments:

Post a Comment